Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Painting!!

Over the weekend it was Lisa's birthday. Her dogs, Zachie and Hazel are the shipping helpers and the doggie backbones of the entire LadyBirdLand Factory. On MY birthday, Lisa gave me a very very cool hanging Robot dude, made of license plates, and wood, with vintage salad tongs for arms. So that meant I knew it would be groovy for me to make a present for Lisa! Soo.... here it is, in all its doggie glory! Ladies and other ladies, presenting, Zachie and Hazel!



I got a ridiculous amount of pleasure from making this... for some reason seeing those little doggie faces staring back and me while I matte mediumed them down just made me giddily gleeful... yay for dog art!

4 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Fantastic gift!

Sherry said...

Well, Allison, this will make me remember not to take myself seriously today. Too cute.

solamar7 said...

Cute art!! Made me smile!!

e.beck.artist said...

how perfect is that?
hazel, have you lost some weight?