Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May 13th...

Ooh, I keep thinking it's only been a day or two since I last blogged, and then... it's a week!

Where to begin, where to begin... I have a guinea pig on my lap - is that interesting? Little Lilly, Olivia's guinea pig is currently sitting (on a towel 'cause guinea pigs pee a TON) and eating carrot sniblets.

What else... we redid our backyard this spring, and now I want to cram it full of yard art! The funkier the better! I bought a few wonderful flowers from Coffee Pot People. This one is my favorite:



But I love them all, and will post a photo of them in situ later!

Oh, one of my favorite artists is Dolan Geiman. I bought this piece a while back




and I love it! So when the Dolan Geiman newsletter came out, offering a prize for showing your DG piece in its setting, I acted like I wanted to be the 107th caller on the radio station. I RAN RAN RAN to my camera and took a picture of the birdie on my green garage door!! I hope I win I hope I win I hope I win! (As an aside, go to Dolan's flickr site if you want to see some horrid photos of his art fair booth in disarray. I guess there was a massive storm and it ruined everything. So sad...)

2 comments:

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

AlliSoN...
my eyes are popping out over your site... woo hoo... some serious fun! i am so excited to have found you... thanks for leaving a comment... because NOW i found YOU! yeah for me!

i keep sitting down to dig around...... and my kids start screaming..... dad gum it...
awe... finally a moment to peek around! :)

i think somehow i got a bit of your brain at birth... i am IN LOVE with your taste & style... ooo la la!

i MUST get with you on a painting... LOVE them! that dog one you just did... HELLO... caaaauuuuuttttee!

Anitra Cameron said...

Just found your blog today, and saw your feedback a few minutes ago. I'm SO glad you liked them, and that they arrived safely!! YAY!!

And I cannot wait to see the photos.

PS Your door is wonderful, and the artwork is perfect for it.