Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April 29

Wow... April's almost over, and then May and then school's out and less art for two months! Yikes and Wow! I can't believe how fast things are flying...

I've been painting more - once or twice a week with Liz. Just finished this girl:




At least I think she's finished. Last night at dinner I asked the kids what they thought of the painting. Olivia thought she needed something on her tummy, and Ethan wanted to know how I was going to scan it ('cause it's 16 x 20, instead of my more usual 9 x12 or 6 x 6).

I love her colors, and her background texture, which is a departure from the usual style. Duct tape to the rescue!

In other news, I'm thrilled to welcome a couple of new retail shops to LadyBirdLand. DabberDoo is located in a trendy area of Atlanta called Virginia Highlands. I used to hang around in the Highlands for years, and in fact met my dh there. I remember saying, "He can come visit me in town, 'cause I am NOT going all the way to the suburbs!!" Fast forward 15 years or so, and I've been comfortably ensconced in Suburbia for a while. Oh, the shame. Well, I guess now I have an excuse to get back down there. If you're ever in the area, stop in and say 'hi' for me, willya?



Let's save another shop for tomorrow, or the excitement will be too heady!!

No comments: