Sunday, March 9, 2008

Should I stay or should I go now...

Well, anyone who's received an email from me can see that I removed the blogline from my siggy... the shame of not keeping up with my blog go to me!

But I don't want to be a quitter.. so my goal for March is to blog twice a week! That's a big goal for me...

Okay, what to write about...that's always the problem... and who in the world is going to read this...another problem...


Let's start with the easy stuff... Yesterday I finished packaging up ONE HUNDRED beautiful handmade gift cards for a retailer in California. I thought it would be boring to do, but I ended up doing the whole order myself. Normally Lisa does all the orders, but I had time, and she wasn't here, and I shocked myself by how fun it was to stamp the back of the cards with my logo, and trim the images with my NEW trimmer blade (I have this amazing Genesis printer from the scrapbook days, but never replaced the blade before...), and adhere them to the cards JUST right, and score, and fold, and add envies, and slip into cello, and tear off the cello seal... phew!! I definitely don't make money on these cards! But I loved thinking of some Callifornia ladies laughing and connecting with the work... that's such a joy... I should have taken a picture, but hey, at least I'm blogging again!

5 comments:

Kelly Warren said...

welcome back to blogging! I found your blog through e.beck's blog...who found me through my friend wyanne's blog. my twins caught her eye! love your work. kelly

allison strine said...

wow!! Yay, Kelly - thanks so much for finding me! That means SOMEONE is out there! You've inspired me to keep on keepin on!

e.beck.artist said...

hey!
i was running down my list of blogs and click on you and HEY! not one, but TWO posts ..... my , my ....
come over some time and make art ...then you'll have something to blog about ...OR take pics of the 100 cards you fold and stuff! .... i'm easy .... i'll read anything you blog!

Jennifer DeDonato said...

I am so glad your back it's been awhile.

Jen

Sandy Mastroni said...

I'm here too Allison !I like your blog !
Please come and visit my blog because I have only three or four faithful readers !