Friday, November 30, 2007

the ART OF THE day...

Yay o joy o yay! I painted with Elizabeth this week! Two times! It can be so hard to find time to fit the creating part in with the business-ey part, and I had some canvases that had backgrounds all ready for me to do... I wanted to do faces - ladies, in fact... so I did this girl, and called her Persephone:




Then Liz challenged me to do a whole alphabet series of these girls, and I accepted the challenge! Did she throw down the gauntlet? Or lay down a gauntlet? Something like that... anyhoo, I immediately changed her name to Apersephone, and she shall be the first in my new series. I'm so happy - now I need to buy a bunch of 8 x 8 canvases - and Jerry's didn't have any!

I don't know if I'll call the series ABCDLadies?, or maybe MNOLadies... or maybe....something I haven't figured out yet!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Very cute! I kind of like the name "Alpha-Bettys" but then again they aren't all named Betty.

e.beck.artist said...

oh JERRY .. how can you be out of 8by8s ... what a blow to my pal al .....
whadareya gonna do, al pal?
i LOVE your wee women folk ...

Jennifer DeDonato said...

Love it...can't wait to hear the name you settle on.

Anonymous said...

So glad I found you!
Love these lady faces!

Andrea said...

these are fabulous! what a fun challenge!

shrink on the couch said...

apersephone's smirky smile is priceless. her little collar & buttons, perfection. love her, and love the idea of a series. can't wait to see the BCDE...