Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Love Is A Little One to Call Her Own . . . a pendant for mommies . . . or mother's day . . . or lovebird lovers . . .


A couple of days ago I saw a mom n baby at the restaurant. The mom was just drooling with love over every move the baby made, and it made me remember those early days with Olivia, the way I'd tote her around in the Baby Bjorn, proudly expecting others to see the perfection that was my child. I'd modestly accept compliments, taking full credit for her perfect hair, perfect eyes, perfectly perfect baby-ness. I even remember telephoning my mom, shrieking with excitement just because she'd rolled over! What an amazing baby! What intelligence, what strength of character, what moral fiber my baby was showing! (Of course, over the good things it was always 'my' baby, and for the poops and stuff she was 'the' baby, or 'Lloyd's' baby...)

I love that kind of love. I still have it, but it changes when your baby is ten, going on fifteen. How bout you - do you have a baby?

2 comments:

e.beck.artist said...

today,sophie played in the dirt during drew's baseball game ... she was bedraggled and hideously dirty .... and then we went out to dinner ..... a sweaty boy, a dirt streaked girl, and one relatively clean child .... and a woman walked past me with her take out and looked at sophie ... and then looked at me .... is she yours?
yes (oh no is she going to tell me i shouldn't bring dirty urchins in? ) and she said .... that is the most beautiful child, gorgeous! ....and then she looked at all of them .... and said .... your children are all gorgeous ..... and in my mind, i said, and imagine how attractive they can be when they bathe! .....
yup .... i get that whole in love thing .... children are fabulous ....even the ones that are a little bit smelly .....

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.http://sbtvd.blogspot.com/