Tuesday, July 17, 2007

How rich would I have to be...


to justify spending 307 dollars plus shipping on a handbag? For a long time now (well, long for my tiny little brain) I've been searching the web - mostly Etsy - for the perfect new backpack/handbag to make me smile and fit me juuuuust right. Finally I googled 'recycled handbag' and found THIS!! I love love love these bags - but I don't think I'd ever spend that kind of money! Ooh, maybe I could justify it if I was in England. Yeah, that's it...I'll save on shipping! So I'll go to Cornwall and THEN it would be worth it, 'cause then it would be only 150 bucks. Even if the bucks were pounds...

My favorite part of the website is when they say:

Addicted to fabrics, colours & textures? Not grown up enough for a real handbag?
Pockets not big enough anymore? Still six years old at heart?
If you answered yes to any of the above, read on!

I answer yes to all of the above!!


oh. the website. yes, indeedy - she's going to be my new best friend - Karen from http://www.smarttart.co.uk

6 comments:

e.beck.artist said...

new best friend, you say? what's going to happen to your dear OLD best friend? at least buy her a bag before you dump her....i'm sure she'd love that groovy backpack too......

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

staceyrebecca got a very fun bag from Etsy that you might like. I will see if I can find the seller for you.

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Found it!

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=5488694

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5073467§ion_id=5059782

Kirsten said...

You don't need to be rich. You just need to find the right person to trade with, for one of your originals.

Anonymous said...

It's still way less than those "designer" handbags and soooo much cooler. Do it if you can. Buyers regret can be bitter.

Runner Gurl said...

OMGosh... LOVE the bags! Thanks for sharing the link.
: )
Gail

P.S. I feel THAT kind of happy when I look at YOUR work.
P.S.S. I didn't know you were in the market for a new best friend. Please send me an application packet ASAP!!
; )