Saturday, June 16, 2007

She Gets By With a Little Help From Her Friends







I don't know if Ringo ever sang truer words...we all need friends, especially when we think we don't need them. You know? And what better friends could there be than these ladies? There's the pink lady with a bird on her head (Birdonhead Lady), there's Jennifer, holding a bird house, there's the lady with a teapot on her head and a bowl of fruit in her hands (Bowlinhands Lady), and then there's Joy, the lady with "JOY" on her dress! Which one are you?

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Love your "friends." I like the whimsical look of them. Great work. I think I would like to be JOY b/c I like to make sure my friends are happy. Oh, and I like the tiara. ;) LOL

BellaColle said...

Hi! found your blog on the Etsy blog roll... I love your work! its very vibrant. I guess I'm Joy too! I actually have a bracelet that says "joy" to remind me to find the joy in all things :)

Donna Layton said...

I'm pretty sure I'm the lady holding the birdhouse. I KNOW my sister-in-law is the lady with the bird on her head! Love this piece.

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Great job on this card! Wow!

White Butterfly said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog :) Your work is wonderfull! love your "friends"!

Tracy said...

so lovely to see you blogging again and with wonderful art to behold :-) so many beauteous things to see.
i'm thinkin i'm "birdonheadlady" - a little buddy right with me, a cool hat, great lookin tights (although normally stripes would not be a good thing for me lol)and a wonderous egg that might hold all kinds of promise

Lori said...

your license plate pendants rock!! what a very cool idea!!

w said...

oh my gosh - i just visited your etsy shop. i totally love everything in it! everything!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Allison...

THANK YOU for stopping by my blog. Your comment was so sweet and made me smile.

I am very familiar with your wonderful work and quite an admirer of your etsy art... now I will have to visit your blog too.

=)